Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

WHY I CAN’T WRAP MY MIND AROUND THIS!!
EVEN THOUGH I WILL
I’ve encountered some devastating moments in my life, and I’ve been able to come to an understanding of why you must have a test, in order to have a “testimony”-- just because of how I was raised, in a faith-based environment.

  A three-story brick home, well furnished, with shiny wood banisters that my brother and I had to clean once a week.  We had a choice of either eating upstairs with our parents or downstairs with my grandparents, up until the age of 13. The house is still standing there, just a few changes to the outside, but the memories of those years still remain.  No matter where I travel   or live, when I visit that street, there’s a smile on my face by the time I leave.  Family is everything to me and I cherish being able to remember and return every now and then, if only for awhile.

So, as I watched probably every news report on CNN, both on television and the Internet, since the inception of the disaster in Japan, I will not even attempt to try and explain how the people of Japan must be copping with this situation. 

Although, in the interview with Piers Morgan, Yoko Ono said it best “they are of a resilient, strong and proud culture.”  I believe at one point she caught Piers off-guard, when she began to talk about what she hoped to one day see; new architects adding new structures to Japan.  Yoko Ono even reflected back on the earth quake she, John Lennon and her son experienced while in Tokyo.  She did what I believe my family and I would have done—she went to prayer, in a closet and coupled with her faith, the three of them emerged, I am sure with a stronger sense of being able to survive.

The question has been asked several times by various anchor news persons, “do you think the United States could handle devastation such as this and are we prepared?”  I was not surprised at the answers.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?

As for me and the Japan devastation, although I see the images, and I listen intently to the sounds, my heart cries out for the people of Japan and I pray that mercy will endure forever and faith will be their forerunner.

No comments:

Post a Comment